10 Tips for your dashing Dachshund
lever, tenacious and sometimes stubborn, Dachshunds are playfu and their small size makes them highly suitable for apartment dwelling. Their coats can be wire-haired or smooth.
Here are a few tips to keep your wire-haired Dachshund look her best:
- Groom your wire-haired Dachshund several times a week, using a slicker brush and a medium-tooth metal comb.
- Start brushing your dog’s wiry coat in layers from the skin outward, with the slicker brush.
- Then comb in layers in the same way with the metal comb to remove any loose hair.
- After brushing, bathe her with a specially formulated shampoo that will add body to wiry coats.
- Dry her carefully with a blow dryer, working in the direction the hair lies.
- Give a final all over brushing and yeah, she’s ready for the party.
Tips to groom your smooth-haired Dachshund:
- Using a bristle brush or a hound glove, first brush against the direction your dog’s hair lies and then in the direction of hair growth, in order to pick up loose hairs on the surface.
- A once a week brushing is enough to keep shedding under control.
- Bathe her with a mild conditioning shampoo.
- Towel dry her and then let her coat dry out naturally. And lo and behold, your Dachshund is clean and pretty.
(Gauri and Urmila, at TailWaggers Pet Salon have been providing the latest and best grooming facilities for the past 5 years. To make your pet look stylish, call at 9820127572.)