http://www.dogsandpupsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sun1.jpg 107 200 Dogs and pups Magazine http://www.dogsandpupsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1254nal.jpg Dogs and pups Magazine2008-05-10 00:00:002017-04-12 00:09:07Keep your furry friend cool this summer
Summers can be testing time for your pooch. Here are few tips to keep your pooch cool this summer:
- Keep her indoors during the sunny hours.
- Take her for a walk early morning and late evenings when the weather is slightly cooler.
- Give her lots of water to drink throughout the day.
- Never leave her in the parked car as it becomes really hot and can be dangerous.
- Watch out symptoms of heat stress such as heavy panting, glazed eyes, rapid heartbeat, restlessness, etc.
- If any of these symptoms occur, cool her body temperature.
- Move her into a shaded or a cooler area.
- Apply ice packs or cold towels to her head, neck and chest.
- Give her cool water to drink.
- Consult your vet immediately.