http://www.dogsandpupsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1254nal.jpg 0 0 Dogs and pups Magazine http://www.dogsandpupsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1254nal.jpg Dogs and pups Magazine2005-09-14 00:00:002017-04-12 00:09:08Tips for enjoying the festive season with your pet:
- Keep the dogs indoors or where he feels secure. A room that is calm and less noisy is preferred. Give him his favourite toy, usual bed and utensils.
- Introduce dogs gradually to sound of crackers from puppy hood in an attempt to condition them or desensitise them, starting from sound or very small crackers.
- Make your children aware that your friendly pet is bound to suffer if they burn crackers near the house. Encourage them to buy sparkling crackers that make less noise.
- Take precaution regarding feeding and keep water available all the time. Dogs may consume only water during noisy days. Do not keep the dog alone and locked up in a room as it may increase his anxiety.
- Do not punish the dog for being panicky, on the contrary, pamper him with your love and attention which will soothe his nerves.