http://www.dogsandpupsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bathtips21.jpg 133 249 Dogs and pups Magazine http://www.dogsandpupsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1254nal.jpg Dogs and pups Magazine2008-05-10 00:00:002014-02-07 17:48:59Tips for that perfect doggy bath
Bathing your dog is a challenge – both for you and your dog. But we all know how bathing improves their look and how important it is to maintain their health. Here are a few tips to make bathing a fun and bonding time with your bathing beauties:
- Brush your pooch to make her coat tangle- and matt-free, especially if she is a longhaired pooch.
- Put cotton balls in her ears to prevent water from getting inside her ears.
- Place a rubber mat on which your dog can stand so that she does not slip while bathing.
- Wet your pooch completely with warm water (never cold).
- Use a pet shampoo specially formulated for the pH of your dog’s skin. Longhaired dog requires more shampoo than a short-haired one.
- Start bathing from her head and work towards her tail.
- Use shampoo on hard-to-reach places like belly, armpits and the rear end.
- Use a conditioner to keep her coat tanglefree.
- Rinse her thoroughly with warm water.
- Dry her with a towel before taking her out.
- You can even use a dryer to dry her coat, but fi rst ensure that she is not scared of the noise.
- Keep her indoors until she is completely dry.