KPS monsoon care tips for your pooch
Though monsoons are a huge respite from scorching summers, they bring with them many water-borne diseases or skin infections. Here are a few tips to take care of your pooch in monsoons:
- De-worm your pet periodically.
- Keep your pet tick-free.
- Do not feed him cold food and water.
- Do not take him for a walk in water-logged areas as it is a breeding ground for mosquitoes and pests.
- Clean his paws and furs when back from a walk.
- Whenever you find your pooch dirty, give him a bath with antiseptic shampoo but do remember to dry him thoroughly.
- Groom your dog regularly, taking extra care of his ears and paws.
- If you notice any foul smell or hair fall, take him to your vet immediately.
- Feed him fewer calories as he might not be able to go outdoors for long walks.
- Make his diet more fibre-rich. Feed him a balanced diet.
- Clean his feeding and water bowls every time you serve him.
- Give him warm and dry bedding.