Brush up on dog dental care and sparkle two-gether
An overlooked area in your pet’s grooming is usually his oral health. It is time you take care of his pearly whites. Marking our 19th anniversary issue milestone with these useful tips.
1. Choose the right toothbrush
Different types of dog toothbrushes are available in the market. These include conventional-looking ones with extra-long handles to facilitate easy access to the back teeth, finger brushes, and dental wipes. Check different options to find the one your pet is most comfortable with. You can also ask your vet for best recommendations.
2. Always use dog-specific toothpaste only
3. Help your dog embrace tooth brushing with ease
4. Familiarize him with dog toothbrush from puppyhood
5. Slow and steady goes a long way
6. One step at a time for the big win
7. Slowly introduce him to doggo toothpaste
8. Let him lick off the toothpaste
To begin, let your pet lick off some toothpaste from your finger. Most dog-safe toothpaste mimics the flavor of foods that dogs love, so this should be easy. If your pet likes the taste of the toothpaste and licks it up gleefully, you can use the toothpaste with the brush.