Vivaldis announces its collaboration with Bioiberica, a Spanish biotech company, which is specialised in research, development, production and commercialisation of ‘biomolecules’. Bioiberica is present in more than 65 countries. With its collaboration with Bioiberica, Vivaldis stands committed to its dictum to contribute to the prosperity of pet healthcare industry by introducing pioneering and path breaking product in India. Bioiberica has consolidated its leadership in production of Glycosaminoglycans including Chondroitin sulphate, Hyaluronic acid & Glucosamine. Under the collaboration, Cosequin, a world’s leading joint care product, has been launched in India during the Orthopedic Workshop held recently at Shirval in Maharashtra. Conducted by Dr Milind Hatekar from Veterinary Orthopedic Foundation, the workshop witnessed a host of well known veterinarians including Dr Bruno Peirone, Dr Matthias Frank, Dr Daniel Damur and Dr Luca Redaelli from Europe, who unveiled the newly launched Cosequin during the event. Kunal Khanna, founder and CEO of Vivaldis and Sergio Garcia from Bioiberica discussed about Cosequin and the association with Bioiberica during the event. Vivaldis has plans to introduce three more new products from Bioiberica in the Indian market by May this year. The new range will include a product for atopic dermatitis and two products for digestive health. This alliance between Vivaldis and Bioiberica will proffer a range of revolutionary products that add value to the pets’ health and improve their quality of life.
One Health is the integrative effort of multiple disciplines by Bayer working locally, nationally, and globally to attain optimal health for people, animals, and environment. Together, the three make up the One Health triad, and the health of each is inextricably connected to the others in the triad. Understanding and addressing the health issues created at this intersection is the foundation for the concept of One Health. Because of their expertise, veterinarians under One Health play critical roles in the health of animals, humans, and even the environment, but these roles are often overlooked or unrecognised. Nonetheless, veterinary medicine is the only profession that routinely operates at the interface of these three components of One Health. The concept behind One Health has existed for centuries – from Hippocrates’ On Airs, Waters, and Places (estimated 400 BC). As the human population continues to increase and expand across the world, the interconnection of people, animals, and environment becomes more significant and impactful. The importance of One Health is highlighted by many factors in our world today:
- The world’s total population exceeded 7 billion people in 2011, and it continues to climb.
- As our population expands geographically, the contact between human and wild animal habitats increases, introducing the risk of exposure to new viruses, bacteria and other disease-causing pathogens.
- Advancing technologies and science-based evidence is increasing the awareness, knowledge, and understanding of the interdependency of the health of humans, animals, and the environment.
- The human-animal bond continues to grow throughout societies.
- It is estimated that at least 75 percent of emerging and re-emerging diseases are either zoonotic (spread between humans and animals) or vector-borne (carried from infected animals to others through insects).
- Vigilant protection of our food and feed supplies from food-borne diseases, contamination, and acts of terrorism is critical for human and animal health.
- Contamination by personal care products and pharmaceuticals has been detected in our waters.
Patna-based Animo Pet Care and Research has organised an Open All Breed Dog/Cat Fashion Show on 21st February 2017 in the city. Around 150 dogs of different breeds sporting catchy outfits walked the ramp alongside their pet parents. In addition to the fashion show, participating dogs were given opportunities for heath check-up as well. State education minister Ashok Chaudhary with his Siberian Husky named Huchiko and a Labrador called Coco were among the contestants at the show. For further details, contact at: 09472665340, 09386702977 or 09386702978.
Find us on Facebook
Dogs & Pups
- Address: 406, Sant Nagar,
East of Kailash, New Delhi - 110065
- Tel: 91-11- 26232482/ 26232684
- Fax: 91-11-26232635
- Email: email@example.com